What do I do when I receive a Negative Certification from the PSA?
- Request a copy of your document from the Local Civil Registrar's Office (LCRO) where the birth, marriage or death was registered.
- If the requested document is available, request the LCRO to endorse a copy marked with “For OCRG File” to the PSA – Office of the Civil Registrar General (OCRG).
If it is not available at the LCRO, but the Registry Book has the record of the event, request for a transcription (LCR Form 1A or 3A). PSA-OCRG is indicated in the portion “This certification is issued to ________”.
Send the document to:
THE CIVIL REGISTRAR GENERAL
Philippine Statistics Authority
3rd Floor CRS Bldg., PSA Complex, East Avenue, Quezon City
ANS Marizza B. Grande
- To get a copy of the endorsed document, set first an appointment online by logging on to https://appointment.psa.gov.ph/. On your confirmed appointment schedule, submit the following requirements to the CDLI Application Area, 1st Floor CRS Bldg., PSA Complex, East Avenue, Quezon City:
- Receipt of Forwarder/Courier (in case endorsed document is sent to PSA through a forwarder/courier, i.e., LBC, JRS, etc.)
- Certified True Copy of the document from the LCRO
- Endorsement Letter/Transmittal Letter from the LCRO
- Negative Certification from the PSA
A claim stub will be issued by the screener stating the date and time when the document will be released. You can claim the document at the CDLI Releasing Area, 2nd Floor CRS Bldg., PSA Complex, East Avenue, Quezon City.
- If the requested document is not available at the LCRO, apply for late registration. Request the LCRO to endorse the late registered document following steps 2 and other 3