PSA Marriage Certificate
A Guide to Online and Walk-in Application
Once you and your spouse are married, there are some important documents you must obtain like a PSA marriage certificate. After tying the knot, your “single” status is converted to “married.” As such, you’ll need to have a marriage certificate to facilitate the change in status while serving as a legal document certifying it.
A PSA marriage certificate is often required in various important transactions, such as opening a bank account, availing of life insurance benefits, and claiming a pension, among others.
If you need a copy of this civil registry document, here’s a comprehensive guide to the online and walk-in application procedure.
Table of Contents
- What is a PSA Marriage Certificate?
- How to get a PSA Marriage Certificate Online
- Online Application Payment Fees and Options
- Delivery Reminders
- How to get a PSA Marriage Certificate (Walk-in)
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a PSA Marriage Certificate?
A PSA marriage certificate is a document containing a couple’s marriage details, including their names, the date and place of marriage, and the names of the witnesses. The couple, officiant, and witnesses must sign the document to be valid.
After the civil registration of the marriage, a marriage certificate is issued by the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) of the city or municipality where the wedding was celebrated. The LCRO then endorses the certificate to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) for certification and printing on PSA’s security paper.
How to Get a PSA Marriage Certificate Online
If you don’t have the time to go out and process your marriage certificate application in person, you can order a copy online. PSAHelpline.ph is a platform authorized by the PSA to issue PSA marriage certificates online and helps facilitate the application procedure.
PSA Online Application Procedure
- On the PSAHelpline.ph website homepage, click the “Order Now” button located on the right side of the screen. Alternatively, you can click the “Order Now” button in the header.
- When the next page appears, click the “Marriage” button. Check the box at the bottom to accept the terms and conditions. Once done, click “Continue.”
- A page will be displayed showing two options. If you’re requesting your PSA marriage certificate, select “My Own Marriage Certificate.” If you’re ordering for a family member or someone else, choose “For Someone Else.” After confirming your option, click “Continue.”
- A page will appear showing the information that PSAHelpline.ph will collect from you. Make sure you have the specified data on hand before proceeding with the process. Click “Continue.”
- A form will show asking you to provide certain information, such as your sex, civil status (if female), first name, middle name, last name, birth date, and the type of your government-issued ID. After completing the form, click “Continue.”
- On the next page, input your spouse’s details, such as his or her first name, middle name, and last name. Once done, click “Continue.”
- A page will show requiring you to input your marriage date. After supplying the information, click “Continue.”
- When the next page appears, indicate your place of marriage by selecting the country, province, and municipality where your marriage took place. Once done, click “Continue.”
- The next page will ask if you registered your marriage late. If yes, choose “Yes, it was registered late.” If no, choose “No, it was registered on time.”
- A page will show requiring you to specify your purpose in requesting a copy of your PSA marriage certificate. After choosing your option, click “Continue.”
- On the next page, indicate whether you have undergone any legal proceedings regarding your marriage. Once done, click “Continue.”
- Finally, you will be asked to provide your delivery address, mobile number, and email address.
A few reminders when filling out the PSA online application form:
- Make sure your name and birthday match the details on your ID. Please note that you will be required to present the ID upon the delivery of your PSA marriage certificate.
- Use an address where you can personally receive the requested PSA document.
- You are not allowed to request a copy of someone else’s marriage certificate if you are below 18 years old.
Online Application Payment Fees and Options
Upon completing the PSA marriage certificate online application process, you will be issued a Reference Number, which you can use to check the available payment options. Currently, PSAHelpline.ph’s payment partners include:
- Palawan Express
The payment fee for one copy of a PSA marriage certificate is Php365.00 . You can pay through any of the following payment channels:
- Credit card: You can pay using Mastercard or Visa card for real-time payment posting. Please note that JCB and American Express cards are currently not supported.
- ATM: Simply visit a BancNet ATM to settle the fee for your online application. Just select the Bills Payment option to complete your payment transaction. Please note that the posting of payment may take a day or two depending on the bank.
- GCash: If you have a GCash account, you can pay through the e-wallet option.
- 7-Eleven: You can visit a 7-Eleven store with a CLIQQ machine to settle the payment for your order.
- Bayad: You can pay through any of the selected Bayad outlets or TouchPay machines.
- PayMaya: For PayMaya e-wallet holders, you can pay through the app without extra charge.
To check the status of your request, click the “Check Status” tab in the header and input your 10-digit reference number.
- Delivery time takes three to four working days within Metro Manila. If the recipient’s address is outside Metro Manila, it will take three to eight working days to deliver the document.
- For security purposes, you will be required to present one valid government-issued ID to the courier upon the delivery of your requested PSA document.
- You must receive the PSA document personally. The courier will not release the order to anyone else, even with an authorization letter. If you are not available on the delivery date, please make delivery arrangements with us by calling (02) 8737-1111, Mondays to Saturdays (excluding holidays), from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- For unsuccessful delivery attempts, you may call us at (02) 8737-1111, Mondays to Saturdays (excluding holidays), from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. You may also reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us on Facebook at PSAHelpline.ph
- All undelivered documents after two attempts shall be returned to the PSA after 30 calendar days, and payments made for the documents shall be forfeited. You may place a new order by visiting PSAHelpline.ph.
How to get a PSA Marriage Certificate (Walk-in)
You or your representative can process your PSA marriage certificate in person at the nearest PSA CRS Outlet. After your marriage has been registered with the LCRO, you can get a copy of your PSA marriage certificate within two to three months. However, there are certain steps that you need to follow first like setting an appointment schedule (see Walk-In Application Procedures below).
- One valid ID
Whether you’re processing your marriage certificate or someone else’s, you must present a valid ID to identify yourself and the owner of the document. The PSA accepts any of the following IDs:
- SSS/GSIS/Pag-IBIG/PhilHealth ID
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission ID
- Voter’s ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- PhilPost ID
- Employee ID
- NBI Clearance
- Authorization letter from the document owner if you’re obtaining a marriage certificate for someone else.
Walk-in Application Procedure
Here’s how to get a marriage certificate in person:
- Get an appointment slot from the PSA Online Appointment System. On this site, you will choose the date, time, and PSA CRS Outlet for your application.
- Once you have an appointment schedule, you can go to your chosen PSA CRS Outlet on the scheduled time and date to process your request.
- Present the CRS Appointment Slip (printed or digital copy) to the Information Marshal for validation purposes.
- Get Application Form (AF) and Queue Ticket Number (QTN).
- Present/submit the corresponding fees, QTN, accomplished AF, valid IDs, Authorization Letter/Special Power of Attorney (SPA) and all supporting documents to the transacting window for screening and payment.
- Check the Official Receipt (OR), and count the change, if any.
- Proceed to the Releasing Area on the scheduled date and time of release.
- Present and submit the OR, valid IDs, Authorization Letter/SPA and all supporting documents to the Releasing Officer.
- Check the correctness and completeness of the received document.
1. Be at the PSA CRS Outlet at least 30 minutes BEFORE your appointment schedule.
2. Bring valid IDs (document owner/s and authorized representative) that match to the names encoded.
3. Basic Fees:
Copy Issuance, Authentication and Annotation of Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates – P 155.00 per copy, CENOMAR – P 210.00 per copy
4. Authorized representative is not allowed to delegate to another person his/her authority to request for civil registry documents.
5. An authorized representative is only allowed to request for 2 unrelated individuals.
6. MINORS are not allowed to book an appointment.
7. Securing an appointment is FREE OF CHARGE and CRS appointment slip is NONTRANSFERABLE.
8. For concerns and inquiries, transact with authorized PSA personnel only.
Frequently Asked QuestionsHow soon can newlyweds apply for a Certificate of Marriage?
It’s recommended that the application for the marriage certificate be made after the posting period. If the marriage took place within Metro Manila, the posting period usually takes one to two months. Outside Metro Manila, the posting period may take two to three months.Who can request a PSA Certificate of Marriage?
A Certificate of Marriage can be requested by any of the spouses, their duly authorized representative, their parents or direct descendants, or a court.My name/spouse’s name on the Certificate of Marriage is misspelled. What should I do?
You will need to file a petition for correction of entries at the LCRO where you registered your marriage certificate. Note that the City/Municipal Civil Registrar or District/Circuit Registrar will charge a filing fee for the petition.Can I have my Certificate of Marriage delivered outside the Philippines?
Currently, PSAHelpline.ph’s courier partnerships are limited to local deliveries. However, we’re working on expanding our reach overseas.
Process Your PSA Marriage Certificate Fast and Easy
There are many post-wedding concerns you need to take care of after saying “I do,” and that includes applying for a PSA marriage certificate. You will need this document for important transactions that involve you and your spouse, whether it’s buying a property, applying for a loan, claiming financial benefits, and so on.
If you need a PSA marriage certificate, you can process it in person through the nearest PSA CRS Outlet. If you prefer to order a copy online, PSAHelpline.ph offers a hassle-free online application process!
If you need a copy of your PSA Marriage Certificate, you can order online and have it delivered to you wherever you are in the country. PSAHelpline.ph is authorized by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) to accept, process, and deliver online requests for copy issuance of PSA Marriage Certificates. Through this online platform, one can request for a copy of his or her PSA Marriage Certificate, pay for it online or through any of its over-the-counter payment channels, and wait for the documents through door-to-door delivery.
A PSA Marriage Certificate contains details of the marriage, including the names of the couple, the date and place of marriage, and the names of witnesses to the wedding. The couple and witnesses, as well as the person who officiated the wedding, signed the document. A Certificate of Marriage is commonly required for public and private transactions that call for proof of the couple’s marital status.
A Marriage Certificate is issued by the Local Civil Registry Office of the city or municipality where the wedding was celebrated after the civil registration of the marriage. It is then endorsed by the Local Civil Registry Office to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) for certification and printing on PSA’s Security Paper or SECPA.
Getting a copy of your PSA Marriage Certificate online is safe and convenient. The PSAHelpline.ph website is designed to accept online orders and payments in one go. You only need to wait for the delivery of your requested Civil Registry documents right at the safety and security of your home. To learn more, visit our About Us page.